Sunday 15 June 2014

Arriving in New York

Touchdown.
I've arrived in the state of New York. It's been a long day (I am currently on my 24th hour awake) but it's been fun.
I set off at 3:30am from Bournemouth by coach but was disappointed to find my coach didn't have WiFi on board despite my brothers claims but watched a downloaded episode of casualty (the last I'll see for 3 months).
I arrived at Heathrow with plenty of time and flew through check in and security and after less than 5minutes sat down some other camp america-ers came and started chatting to me, before we knew it we were a big group chatting about, well, about America and our plans.
The plane itself was amazing! The longest flight I've ever been on was 4hours long so about half of this journey! I had loads of space and got a blanket and pillow and there was a great selection of movies, I watched 'Gravity', 'About time' and 'Thor 2'. I had my first ever in flight meal, including a delicious 'Gu' passionfruit dessert, unlimited drinks, a cute little 'fab' ice Lilly and a sandwhich and crisps before landing. They had even designed the packaging for the crisps to spell 'plane' as opposed to 'plain'. I love Virgin Atlantic, they give me food and know their way around a pun, they just get me!
Among the exciting firsts of this flight it was also the first time I've seen an aeroplanes toilet, and all I could think was how is the mile high club a thing!? I just couldn't understand how in that tiny space two people could..join the club.
Once at Newark, after we finally got through passport control, me and Laura (the girl I sat next to on the plane) started talking to some more people whilst waiting for the bus to take us to the hotel, this turned out to be about a 2 hour wait.
The hotel is really nice and I'm in a room with Laura and Ash, who is the first person I've met going to the same camp as me! We showered and had orientation where me and Ash found out we will be leaving the hotel at 4:45am tomorrow morning! But we went out for dinner and then I had to get a phone as my Nokia is too old to be compatible with the American SIM card!
Well I better get to sleep, it's coming up to 3am UK time (10pm US) and I have another full day of travelling tomorrow but will arrive at camp about 5:30pm US time.

No comments:

Post a Comment