Tuesday 2 September 2014

2 weeks, 14 people, 12 states, 2645 miles, thousands of memories.

Last day of the trek which means my time in the states is nearly at an end. It didn't start great as i woke up feeling really dizzy, the room was spinning and I didn't know why (no alcohol had been consumed). Luckily it stopped and I felt better after a while. The drive to Miami wasn't bad and we arrived just before three.

We spent our last few hours together as the whole group on south beach. It was cool but no one had their beach gear on them and didn't have much time. Also if I'm honest I prefer Panama city beach, it was so much cleaner, clearer and just stunning! We then headed to say the first of our goodbyes. It was weird saying goodbye as we've only known each other for 14 days and its gone so fast but it was sad. It was certainly an adventure and we had a lot of laughs. We were all promising to stay in touch particularly with those who lived really close to each other (for example Emily lives 2 miles down the road from me- unfortunately she's going to Milan for a while first).

Suddenly there were only 10! We were the ones staying in Miami for at least tonight so we decided to all go out to dinner together. We went to a place called Buffalo wild wings, also known as "B Dubs" which Laura had been going on about for a while, it was really good and I ordered so much and I'm not even sure how! It works a little like Nando's in the fact you pick chicken wings or off the bone and then have a variety of sauces to have with it and wow do they have a selection!! It's a sports bar type place and they give you tablets to play live interactive online poker with other customers or trivia. Encouraging the technology invasion and decreasing sociability at meals every step of the way.

Then it really was time for all the goodbyes as Liz (being the stella tour guide she is) dropped us all of at our accommodation. We went down to 7, then 5 then 4 when me, Laura, Helen and Joe got out at our Hostel. We waved goodbye to Liz and that trusty can which was basically our home for 2 weeks. The hostel the four of us are in is really nice, Joe is only staying the 1 night but the rest of us are here until Saturday. We're in a 4 bed room so it's only us and 1 other person. I'm on the top bunk as well. It's weird to not be with the whole group but I'm so glad I'm still with some of them as it eases the transition, gives me company and reassurance. Tomorrow we will start hitting the town and beach.

Bye guys, it certainly was something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment