Friday 5 September 2014

Lazy day in Miami

Last night I woke up, went to go to the bathroom, forgot I was in a bunkbed and fell out and down. Amazingly though I woke up today with no signs of any bruises or injuries, lucky for me Laura keeps her suitcase next to the bed. we can't stop cracking up about it thou50th as with was  literally asleep most of the time! We got breakfast then spent the morning chilling by the pool surrounded by more lizards. It's nice to be able to chill and feel like I'm on holiday. I've had a great time at camp and travelling but this last week is like my holiday where I can spend time by the pool, at the beach relaxing. Whilst by the pool I realised that actually I had a huge bruise just below my knee from my bump in the night.

We then went to the beach for a couple of hours then took a bot of a walk along the boardwalk but there wasn't much to see in easy walking distance and it was getting hitter so we headed back yo the hotel. We walked back via the streets but it was weird as fir some reason half of Miami has building work going on so it was like we were walking through a building site! We stopped and got a strawberry smoothie then went back to the pool at the hostel and the sun got hotter and brighter so we laid on sun loungers relaxing by the pool for a couple more hours.

Me, Laura and Helen then got the bus to the mall to get dinner and for them to do a bit of shopping. I didn't buy anything but it was fun none the less. We got back and met up again with our mates from th  night before, played some more cards and hung out together with a few additions this time. I headed back to the room about 1am to find our new roommate had arrived and she's really cool, totally chill and with the flow. Exactly what we need after a night with a girl waking us at 6am to ask where the light switch is!! We went back down to play another couple of rounds of cards before eventually heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment