Monday 8 September 2014

Seaworld Orlando

My alarm wakes me up nice and early so I get ready and head down to the lobby to buy my ticket for Seaworld and have breakfast. Whilst at breakfast a nice old man sat next to me and started talking to me about my travels and told me about his reasons for being in Orlando.

I went and saw the stingrays and debated feeding them but it was $5 to do so and as I learnt pretty soon you do not need to feed them or many of the other animals to be that close. My next stop was the dolphins and all I could tell you about that is wow! You're allowed to strike them and they are so playful jumping out of the water and they can go really fast when they want to it was amazing. I had to tear myself away from them to make it to the show "Blue Horizons" in time (luckily for me this show featured dolphins). The shoe was phenomenal, dolphins are such amazing creatures, they did loads of amazing tricks. They were also accompanied by human acrobats and bids. The show included diving, swimming, trapeze, I really can't explain the show and do it justice, I really loved it! Afterwards I couldn't resist and went back to see the dolphins again.
Once I said goodbye I went on turtle trek which is an amazing 3d story/experience about turtles and be responsible for our environment and theirs. I then headed to Atlantis where I got drenched on a pretty amazing water ride, in fact they fool you a little because it looks like an average water ride but near the end there's a bit if a surprise. I then went on a rollercoaster which was also pretty amazing I couldn't tell you how many loops, twists and corkscrew there were, it was a great coaster!

Next stop Antarctica for the penguins. They were cute and similar to Turtle trek you could go on a ride through the story finishing where the penguins were. After the ride I even got a photo with a particularly charming penguin. I passed through the sharks and saw lots of cool fish and sharks on my way to my second show of the day "A'lure, The call of the ocean". This show was also great so many acrobatics  and tricks, it was like being at the circus but with an underwater setting, unfortunately there were no animals though.
I went through the park and saw lots more animals and because all schools are back no I was able to whiz through so much so I decided I had enough tine to go see the dolphin show again. I then went on Manta, a huge rollercoaster where you are suspended horizontally and fly around upside down and everything. I then went to see another show "Pets Ahoy" this shows stars are rescued dogs, cats, birds and even a pig.

I ended my day at Shamu's stadium, first I had a look at the whales who are all really cute then went round to tale my seat for the show "One Ocean". Unfortunately there was some stormy weather in the local area so the show was delayed then after 20minutes the crowd got really impatient and started cheering in the hope this would encourage then to start the show but this had the opposite effect and they decided to just cancel it all together. I was upset not to be able to see the show but I did get to do everything else throughout the day and I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment