Saturday 6 September 2014

And then there was One...

This morning I checked out the hostel and got on a bus to leave Miami. All the buses in Miami had a seated dedicated in honor of Rosa Parks which I think is really sweet. On the bus I met a couple of characters as you always seem to whenever you get any bus in America but got to mainland Miami and started to look for the parking lot by bus to Orlando was leaving from. I arrived nearly an hour and a half early as the  journey didn't take as long as expected and I wanted to make sure I had enough time in case I got lost. I waited at the subway round the corner until my bus arrived.

I left Miami just as it started raining and I passed a big lightening bolt strike something about 50 meters off. Looks like Miami is sad to see me go. Being the bit of a plonker that I am I didn't think to pick up anything to eat for lunch along the journey so after having only a small bowl of cereal at 8am, it git to 1pm and I was starving and had at least another 3hours before any hope of food, an extra hour or so if I couldn't get anything until my hotel!

Things then turned worse when the bus didn't get in until over an hour late and it was pouring down! I eventually found a subway and was able to sit down and eat at last at half 5! I then had to have a wonder around to find somewhere who could call a cab for me an  I then I eventually arrived at my hotel at near 7pm after over 10 hours of travelling!! My room is amazing though! It's got a king size bed and all the extras you'd expect in a good hotel room and a microwave and fridge. The pool is just downstairs, I can see it from my room but thought I'd wait until it was sunny again to go in. I had sch a great chill night, watching bits of movies and chilling in my KING SIZE BED!! I love this hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment