Tuesday 9 September 2014

Last stop New York.

So this is it this is the start of my journey home, first leg is to New York via a JetBlue flight. I got the shuttle from my hotel to the airport and was chatting to the other man in it about JetBlue and airports etc then near the end of the journey he gets out his ID badge which identifies him as someone who works for JetBlue. I had just told him my friend had said JetBlue was a cheap, dodgy airline....woops.

My check in went smoothly but security was intense. I had to take off my shoes, stand in this big machine with my hands up and it shifted around me. It was very similar to Lazarus' time machine in Doctor Who. I was then at my gate nearly 2 hours before take off, talk about eager much. The flight itself was good, the seat next to me was free but the woman sat the next one along was quite nervous as it was her first time flying but with some reassurance and clinging onto the seat in front telling herself out loud that if she dies it will be quick she made it. JetBlue was great especially as it was quite a short flight. I got complimentary drinks and snacks, clear way to win my affection, and there was plenty of space and there was music and movies (though the movies cost for short flights).

I got a shuttle to the airport and the driver told repeatedly how much he loved my accent and he kept asking me questions so I kept talking. He told me if he were my boyfriend he would always get me angry so I would shout and he could just listen to my accent, he then told me he also liked taught and then asked me to marry him. I'm going to miss being back in a place my accent isn't anything special.

I got to my room to find a memory foam bed (score) and decided to have a chilled evening in. I also found out that I had $20 short to pay for my hotel and I can only load $200 plus into my caxton card and I need to pay for my hotel so it now means I've got about $170 to spend before I leave, meaning hello duty free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment