Wednesday 16 July 2014

All out day

In the last week of first half we have 'All out day' where the entire camp leaves to go on various trips leaving only the campers in the show to rehearse and a few counsellors to clean and prepare for parents weekend. Then in the evening the whole camp gets to see the show. Today was all out day and myself and all the other art barn counsellors stayed to clean the art barn so I spent the morning organising and tidying wool and fabrics. At lunch we sat down to eat our (disappointing packed lunches) but then lolly came back with a whole host of snacks for us (Hershey kisses are great!) But whilst eating o felt a bug in my hair so went to pick it out only to realise when I got stung that it was a bee....

In the afternoon I was on duty in the kitchen as Wednesday is the kitchen staffs day off so a few counsellors volunteer each week to help out on that day. I really enjoyed it and one of the chefs who hung back to help us taught me how to make salad dressing from scratch. I was pretty proud of the result.

Evening programme was watching the show, which was technically a dress rehearsal in preparation for show weekend. The show was "High school musical" and was a lot of fun to watch. The whole camp watched and was cracking up at the dramatic interpretations of Miss Darbis and Ryan in particular. The songs are now stuck in everyone's heads though and they're signing and humming them which is already getting irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment