Wednesday 23 July 2014

And so it begins again..

Here we go round 2! My second half campers have arrived and my new tent family has been formed. They have all been to hive (the younger girls camp) and one is a returner so they know the most of how camp and more specifically Aloha works. Opening day and today we're scorching hot, I was not able to cope and everyone was a little cranky as the humidity especially was unbearable but this afternoon a thunderstorm rolled in and has cooled it down a lot. It did mean that our evening programme got changed from play fair (which is a mix of getting to know you games) to a trivia quiz night in the hale which was good fun. Luckily this time the storm didn't attack our electricity like last time so we were able to shower and use the loo's, luxuries of camp.

Today I received my second delivery of mail since being at camp (which is just over 5 weeks now) and it was letters and postcards from my mum and brothers and some sweets. It was so great receiving post (hint, hint, send me post!). My family is in Majorca at regiment on a holiday which I am sad to be missing out on, as great as it is here and I wouldn't swap it for the world it's still strange to miss my family holiday, especially as I am not with my family for any birthdays this year as my parents, brothers and my own are all whilst I'm in the states and my sister was when I was back at uni.

It's weird to think I'm over half way through. I'm excited for my travels to get under way but it does mean I need to start planning and booking places to stay and transport. I was going to go to Niagra falls straight after camp before New York but no one else is doing that and I've been repeatedly told its much better from the Canada side which I can't go to so not sire it's worth the money if it would only be so-so, maybe it's better to wait to come back and go over to Canada. Nevertheless even without Niagra Falls I've got some planning to do for my travels and adventures which I will of course be updating you on as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment