Friday 18 July 2014

English day

I love America. It's great in so many ways but I do miss home, not so much the weather but watching movies in bed with my sister and English bacon. I can't bring my sister over to America unfortunately so I, along with a couple of campers, thought we'd bring over a little bit of Britain.

We decided to host a Sherlock Holmes murder mystery with suspects such as Kate Middleton and Harry Styles (who was the muderer) and other departments had British themed activities all morning such as rounders, GB seat racing in crew and polo on bikes.

During announcements counsellors had to speak in British accents and at lunch we all sang the English national anthem and had Bangers and mash. It was so good. The kitchen served a bit of a bizarre gravy though that was basically pureed vegetables.. Dessert was scones. The kitchen didn't serve jam with them but the scones they made had white chocolate and jam in them so with a bit of cream they were delicious! I had to teach everyone at my table how to properly eat acetone though as they started just putting the cream on top so I told them to cut in half and put the cream in the middle but they all cut vertically down the middle!

I'm still yet to have some English bacon and I think that might have to wait till I land back on hone soil but man is that first bacon sandwhich a taste good!!

1 comment: