Monday 14 July 2014

MJ's Mayhem

MJ's Mayhem is a day at camp where structure and rules go out the window and the kids get a constant supply of sugar and there are different and fun activities happening throughout the day. Counsellors sign up to help out at a few but also get time to chill and join in as well. The morning started off with a lazy breakfast so campers could have a bit of a lie in if they wished (not many did seeing as breakfast was lucky charms and doughnuts!) There were three hours of activities in the morning which campers could float around at their lesiure. The first hour, I was assigned to be in the unit but no one was around and it was so hot I sunbathed for the  time so far this summer. Then I was on mattress surfing. That was loads of fun, the set up is basically a tarp laid on a hill covered in water and soap with mattress that you run and jump on and you go shooting down the hill. My third hour of the morning was spent at the art barn having paint filled sponges thrown at me. Campers were slow to show up at first but the four of us working it had a great tine throwing them amongst ourselves till they did. Now we all have cool tie dye looking t-shirts!


After this we were covered in paint so we jumped in the lake where we had a counsellor swim before lunch. In the afternoon I wasn't assigned to any activities so was able to attend whichever activities I wanted. I spent the first hour at kayaking where I half helped and half joined in with the challenge of running across 5 overturned kayaks. I did not succeed. I also had a go on the canoe slip and slide, where you run and jump through a hula hoop onto an overturned canoe which is hanging off the dock to create a slide. After that I went and got an ice cream cone and chilled by the lake then we had rest hour where I had a great hour long nap! After dinner the camp headed down to the Hale for a movie, I have never seen 150 girls so excited for a film! We watched 'The Princess Diaries'  (great film in case you haven't seen it) and got candy to eat whilst we watched it. It was a really great day and I felt so chilled by the end of it which o wasn't expecting as I thought counsellors might be more stressed then normal with kids just running around hyped up and doing what they want. I wouldn't mind having another day of mayhem again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment