Tuesday 1 July 2014

The most beautiful place.

I've been at camp now just over 2 weeks and WOW. It is beautiful! Its hard to describe but the grass is green, the lake is blue and the stars are bright. The weather has been beautiful (with the exception of opening day when it poured down…typical). The camp has beautiful flowers planted around the main house and hale (where we have assemblies) and the lake is always a lovely color of blue with the green hills surrounding it. I love lying in my tent at night as I can look out the side and see all the stars which are so clear thanks to the minimal light pollution and camp fires are simply beautiful on the lakefront.

The view
On saturday night we had 'initiation' for all the new campers and counsellors. They were all blindfolded (this includes myself) and led to a secret but very special location called Father Gulicks ravine. Evelyn, one of the menehune, was in charge of guiding me along with the help of another counsellor and she did such a wonderful job. I didn't fall or even trip once and when we arrived at the location I thought we were around the art barn (a short walk from where we had started). Where as in actual fact father G's ravine is at the top of the hill tucked away behind one of the units! It was the most beautiful spot I've ever seen, there were log benches facing a small river then across the river was a camp fire which was lit and surrounded with candles. I couldn't believe not only because of the beauty but I am still trying to work out how a 7 year old managed to guide me up the hill blindfolded without me realizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment