Friday 11 July 2014

Pie and spa makes for a great day off

Days off are the best thing in the world. They are much needed by all the counselors as it is so full on that having just a day to chill and do what you want is to refreshing (its especially nice to order whatever meal you want and not have to pass around everyone's food first and pour everyone water)! Counselors come back from days off so refreshed. This week I had the day off with Molly, Hilda, Merrida and Shel in Hanover. We started the day at Lou's, a really nice bakery where we had breakfast. It was like a traditional American diner/bakery with stools and booths and pie!

We then wondered around for the morning going to some shops and bookstores before heading to the library...ahh internet. We went to see Maleficent at the cinema then I skyped my mum and sister. It was the first time I'd seen them since being in America and I got to be a part of my mum's birthday, it was a day early but they had her birthday cake and my mum opened her presents from me which I had brought and wrapped before I left. It was nice to see them and catch up a bit.

We then headed to Bradford for dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant where we got soo much food! We then went to a few shops, I got a really cool Vermont tshirt (Molly and Merrida got matching ones) and then we went to a well known place in the area, 'Dan and Whits' which is a general store with the slogan "If we don't have, you don't need it". It really did have everything! Once we were done there we started heading back to do but it was only just passed 8pm so we're thinking what else we could do and we came up with going to the LMI and nice hotel across the river and chill in the hot tub. This did involve a rather interesting mission of sneaking back onto camp to get out swimsuits

No comments:

Post a Comment