Friday 25 July 2014

An afternoon Luau

Its only the third full day of second half and so much has already happened! The first couple of days were great getting to meet and get to know all the new campers (OK not all but a lot) and I really got to know my new tent family which is great (they are awesome campers). The first couple of days were unbearably hot and humid (especially as counsellors were in CCC all weekend!) but then we finally had a big storm and it rained and thundered and lightening and it was a lot cooler today. Still nice and warm but wasn't at risk of melting. Unfortunately though I have acquired a sore throat,. Its OK talking wise but when I eat and swallow food it is quite painful.

However, this afternoon we had a Luau! As I talked about in a previous post, during first half we have an event called MJ's Mayhem which is a really fun day of cool activities and fun-ness. This year it was decided there should be something second half to match it so it was decided we'd have a Luau. This was only from midday and it wasn't as crazy as the kids weren't fed nearly as much sugar but it was a really fun and pretty chill afternoon and evening with some great activities and all the campers had a blast as did the counsellors so it was a win-win situation.

I'm also feeling very loved as I have received post 3 days in a row!!! First I got a package from my Mother and brothers which included some éclairs! Then a letter from Hayley which was a good length (Hayley an even longer letter is on its way back to you) and then today I received 2 cards from my aunt and uncle but I only opened one as I suspect the other may be a birthday card but I can't be sure.. What's quite bizarre though is that the package took nearly 3 weeks to get here which is long even for an international package I feel. But then the letter from Hayley took 6 days then the card from my aunt took only 3 days!! That's very fast, especially considering one of my campers letters took 5 days to arrive from Chicago!

This whole post has been wrote on a windows 8 PC and as my mum knows I really don't like these as I refuse to use her laptop as its the same kind and I find it confusing and weird, also the @ button is above the 2 now which is different! Maybe being way from technology is making me more incompetent....

No comments:

Post a Comment