Sunday 10 August 2014

A camp Aloha birthday.

Today I celebrated my 20th birthday. It was weird not celebrating it at home with my family and it makes me miss them more then ever! However all was not lost. The day was still a lot of fun. We had lazy breakfast on the field then I had to go to the art barn for an hour which was stressful but I'll gloss over that. Then there was usual Sunday service and much except everyone sang happy birthday to me at lunch. During rest hour I opened the couple of birthday cards I'd received in the post and a book from my dad. 

Tent family time was the highlight of my day though! Alexis (the clubbers attached to my tent) spent her rest hour making a birthday cake for me and all my campers made me a card. We then hiked to this place called "And hatters" which is a kinda creepy old shack in the woods and they surprised me with the cake. They'd even brought icing so we could decorate it and candles so I could make a birthday wish!

After tent family time we hiked up to Winships where the whole camp had dinner and we exchanged puzzle pieces. Puzzle pieces is an awesome tradition here! Every year on the last week of camp you get the name of someone in your unit and a piece of wood. You then decorate that piece of wood for the person you got then you exchange then all and all the pieces in your unit fit together like a puzzle. It's stressful for an art barn counsellors as everyone's rushing to make them in a week but it was amazing seeing them all finished and come together!

The view from Winships as we made our puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment