Monday 4 August 2014

Rainbow Chapel and Chandeleirs.

The end of camp traditions are beginning. I have very split feelings about this. On the one hand I'm really excited because its new and fun and why wouldn't I want to do cool fun things?! On the other hand it means camp really is starting to come to an end!! Its felt like 3 days since I got here but it's felt like forever at the same time!

Rainbow chapel is a special Sunday service that Lanikila and Aloha get together to be a part of as one community. Sunday morning Aloha walked the mile down the road to Lanikila then up to their special spot where they host Sunday service. There's songs performed by campers, counselors and siblings within counselor staff (of which there's a fair few). There was a talk given by a Lanikila counselor (with the help of a few campers) who spoke about the reality of Love and how it is really shown in the real world (and at camp). Finally we did more singing as a whole camp community. It was really nice and I enjoyed it and was quite the proud counselor as I watched one of my campers perform in the kanaka-pella (the choir).

220 people walking down the road in pairs is quite a sight.
Once Sunday service had finished we walked back to camp for lunch, extended rest hour then tent family time!! This week my tent family decided to get a bit creative! We had a box lying around and decided to make it into a chandelier (don't ask me how this decision was made) so we went to the art barn, sketched out designs and started cutting out. It's not quite finished yet but once it we're going to hang it from out tent celling and put our torches (sorry, flashlights) in there for a bit of classy mood lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment