Wednesday 20 August 2014

New York

Sunday was the day I decided to tackle the city tourist attractions full full steam ahead. My alarm woke me up at quarter to 8 and I got ready and headed into Manhattan. I got a New York City pass for $85 which includes a whole load of awesome attractions around the city. My first stop was the Empire State Building. There wasn't much of a line and it went much faster then I expected, the perks of doing tourist stuff on a Sunday I guess. I also found out some really interesting facts about the building including that the amount of electricity used in the building in 1 hour is enough to power a lightbulb for over 100 years!! The view from the top of the top of the building (or the 86th floor at least) was phenomenal! My initial reaction when I first saw it was simply WHOOAA. I decided it was my new favorite place in the world.
New York City Skyline.
My next stop was an On Location tour through Central Park to see where loads of movies have been filmed and there are a lot as it is the most filmed location in the world! I found out loads of facts again about not only the films but about the park itself. During the tour I even saw a skateboarding dog! I then decided that Central park might be joint with the top of the Empire State Building in my favorite places in the world.


I then headed to The Rockafella Building which was eerily quiet. I even got an elevator ride to the top all to myself as there was none else there! The ride up was crazy! The roof is clear so you can see into the elevator shaft as you shoot upwards super fast with these lights flashing! The view from the top was just as stunning as The Empire State Building except this time I got a view of Central Park and was able to see The Empire State Building from a similar level. I might therefore go as far to say as I Preferred it to The Empire State Building. I was also able to get Wifi at the top! Technology is pretty awesome.
Stunning view!

I then went to the Times Square Art of Lego exhibit which was cool. There were some amazing sculptures especially. I then went on a harbor lights cruise as the sun set. It went around half the island and I saw loads of landmarks including some of the fancy buildings from afar and of course the Statue of Liberty. The sunset was beautiful and it was great to be able to see the city all lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment