Wednesday 27 August 2014

New Orleans. Food, market and culture.

I got the longest lie in I've had in 3 months today!! My alarm woke me up at 9am, I got breakfast then chilled at the pool for an hour or so. It was great! It was only 31 degrees today, so much cooler then it has been. The perfect temperature.We went for brunch together at about noon to a place called "The ruby slipper". I had a banana and raisin french toast type thing with bacon and sausage. It was amazing. I am really loving New Orleans food!

We then split up and went to do our own thing around town. A bunch of us headed to the French market and looked around the various stalls and we met quite a character at one who was 'reading' people's faces. We then headed towards the river passing a jazz band playing on the way. The Mississippi river was cool but to be honest a rivers a river. We went to Jackson Square and saw some beautiful architecture and there was more jazz music. I then got my first ever tarot card reading from a famous voodoo tarot card reader. It was a bit of fun and quite interesting.
Mississippi river

Jackson Square
We headed back to the hotel and I went swimming on the pool then did some laundry and ordered a pizza in for dinner with Laura and Lucy whilst the rest of the group went on a ghost tour. It was so nice to chill. I even get an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment