Wednesday 27 August 2014

New Orleans A.K.A beds and air con!!

Today was our longest journey of the trip with a 7 hour journey down to New Orleans! But we're all pretty excited because New Orleans means 2 nights in a hotel which means air con!! It has been so hot at nights! Even with no covers and a vest top, it's still too hot!! The first half of the trip flew by mostly because we were all asleep for at least 2 hours (most people even longer) of it and I've got to say it was probably one of the best sleeps I've ever had in a van/car.
Travelling can really take it out if you..
We took a few stops and then arrived in New Orleans a little after 4pm. We took some time to chill which was great! I took some time to have a swim, have a shower and get ready. The hotel is amazing! It's 2 people to a room and we've all got double beds! Such luxury!! I'm sharing  room with Helen and our room is in a great location, steps from the pool on the ground floor!!
Pretty excited about the room!
View from our room!
We headed out to the town and had a very brief look around on our way to our restaurant for dinner. We ate at Oceana which I can only imagine is THE best restaurant in New Orleans. I had gator fir a starter. That's right I ate alligator and it was a delicious! My main was called "Taste of New Orleans" it had some fish things, sausage, jambalaya and rice, again it was delicous. I was stuffed by the end but Liz highly recommended the Banana fosters ice cream pie for dessert so me and her split it. It was worth it. It was covered on fruit and I can't even describe how amazing the meal was but I would come back to New Orleans for that meal alone!! Once we were back at the hotel I took a bit of a dip with Lucy and Gemma before heading to bed for the night. It's crazy how much difference a hotel makes compared to a campsite!

No comments:

Post a Comment