Sunday 17 August 2014

Northampton, Massachusetts.

First stop on my travels of America is Massachusetts with a friend who is kind enough to put me up for the night. On the drive down we stopped at the Whippi dip which is actually only down the road from camp but we hadn't had lunch so thought we'd get a bite there and whilst there we bumped into a whole bunch of other counselors who had also just left or were stating for family camp but dropped by fir some ice cream. Further down the road we stopped at Hidden Springs Maple and I got to sample the four types of maple syrup (Something you have to do before you leave Vermont). I decided my favourite was Grade A medium but the Vermont fancy would be delicious on some ice cream or yogurt.

We got to Northampton at 7pm and I realised it was the first time I had been in an actual house for 2 months!! The spare room was amazing! It was a double bed with really soft blankets! We did some laundry and ordered some Thai take out and also picked up a slice of chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert and ate that whilst watching a TV show called Firefly. It was actually a really cool show basically about space cowboys (Dad, Alfie, Patrick I think you would enjoy it). After that we went to bed, it was late, I was tired and I wanted to sleep in the super awesome bed.

I was pretty excited about the bed.
In the morning I got a nice shower, did a second load of laundry and then went out for breakfast before I had to catch my bus. We had breakfast at a place called Sylvesters, it was really good. We both got hot chocolates, ISB's was a peanut butter one mine was called the twilight zone and had white chocolate in it. They were huge, delicious and sickly. Breakfast or rather brunch by the time we ate it was chocolate chip pancakes with real maple syrup. YUM. Too much to eat in one go though so I took the left overs for a snack for the journey to NYC.


No comments:

Post a Comment