Wednesday 20 August 2014

Poozy last couple of days in New York.

On Monday I had a relaxed day. Poozy as they would call it at camp. I spent some time in central park and wondered around the city a bit. I went to dinner at a restaurant called Junior's which is famished for its cheesecake. Unfortunately I dispatcher that far as the main I ordered ending up being enormous even by America's standards!

In the evening I went to see Phantom of the Opera on broadway. It was amazing! The cheap $27 tickets were sold out so I had to get a $67 seat and ended up getting the last one too! It meant the seat was quite far back and was at the far side but the view wasn't at all obstructed. In fact, if you excuse my theatre review, I thought it added to theatricality as the lighting was very angular so to have a similar perspective of the show added to the drama. The thing I didn't like about Broadway though was how busy it was. The theatre was no bigger then a west end theatre and yet it felt way more crowded, especially with security checking everyone's bags on the way in.

I spent my last day with Sydne, we headed into Manhattan to go to a couple of shops but neither of us brought anything (but I did get to do my nails for free in a make up shop). We then went to the 9/11 memorial site. We wanted to go into the museum but it was sold out. I didn't realise museums COULD sell out! Even so it was nice and very touching to see the memorial. We also saw a number of white roses in some of the names, we found out they were placed in the name on the birthday date of that person.

We then went back to Sydne's, had dinner and snacks and watched TV and Clueless and went to bed really late considering I was getting up at 5am! But it was nice to be able to chill with Sydne for my last night in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment