Sunday 24 August 2014

Nashville y'all.

It was a slow morning after a late night so we decided to get breakfast at Maccy D's on the way to Nashville. It was a shorter drive today, it took about 3 hours and we only took 2 stops so arrived just before 1:30pm, however thanks to a change in time zones whilst driving we gained an hour back. It was 32 degrees today so once we'd unpacked and had lunch we took a dip in the swimming pool. It was the best temperature, nice and cool, without being too cold! I then had a shower and felt great. Unfortunately after 10 minutes I was back to feeling hot and sticky!

We headed into town at 4pm and took some time to wonder around the shops and look at the amazing selection of cowboy boots and hats on sale ($300+ for a pair of boots) and we dropped into a few bars to hear some good old country music. We ate dinner at the Wildhorse Saloon and got line dancing lessons there. Unfortunately this was quiet tricky for me as I'm not able to put any weight on most of one foot but I gave it a go anyway. There was then a band playing who were good and dis some good songs (country of course). The food was good but the drinks outshined the food for the sole reason you could pay a little extra and get it served in a glass cowboy boot you could then keep. I headed back to camp quite early so I could charge devices and then get an early night. When I got back at 8:30pm it was still 27 degrees and the coolest it's supposed to get all night is 22 degrees!!


Thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment